Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Week 84

Your future is as bright as your faith. This week we focused a lot on Faith and Consecration. If you do not believe you can help your brothers and sisters enter in the waters of baptism and make a Covenant, or promise, with our Father in heaven to remain true to him and keep his commandments then it simply will not happen. Great things to come to pass unless we are willing to work for them. And then when we rely on our Savior nothing is impossible. 

Last Friday the Zone, a group of missionaries my companion and I have stewardship over, came together for a meeting where we all hoped we would be edified and brought closer to our God. After my companion and I finished talking about Consecrating, or dedicating, ourselves as missionaries to the Lord and his service we invited each Companionship of missionaries to find a room in the church building to Pray together and on their own to know and understand what they personally need to do next to become Consecrated Missionaries of the Lord Jesus Christ. This helped me tremendously. I realized that I was allowing Small common things to distract me and these distractions, which were not necessarily evil were hindering my usefulness to the Lord. 

I invite you to do somethings similar. Find a private place. Somewhere you are fairly sure no one else will be listening and get on your knees and Pray. Open up your heart to Our Father in Heaven. Let him know what you have done for him and where your heart is. Ask him for the help that you need to better follow him and his son Jesus Christ and commit to him to do all you can to do it. You will not be disappointed. If you do this with sincerity a light will turn on. And you will know what you need to do next in this journey that we call life. 

I love you all, I love my Mission but most of all I love the Lord.
I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

~ Elder Joshua Alger

Me and Elder Young at one with Nature in a wonderful camp in our area.

No comments:

Post a Comment