Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Week 51

One year down, one to go...

Week 2 in Otay Mesa and things are going Great! The area is doing rather well. We have been adding a lot of new investigators and teaching some promising less actives.

One day we were knocking doors all morning with no success but we still kept trudging on. We had a no show and we were driving away when I saw an open door, literally! It was the home of a previous investigator and I figured it was worth a shot so I told Elder Webb to turn around because a former's door was open. We parked and went up to the door and knocked. A wonderful lady came up and said she wasn't interested in hearing a message about Jesus Christ but she was nice enough to offer a cold drink. To our surprise she came back with Ice tea! So we had to say no. She was surprised and asked why we don't drink it. We explained it was because a prophet from God told us that we shouldn't. That led to some friendly conversation and a Church invite and a bible study invite and a sharing of conversion. All and all it was worth not talking to another soul the rest of the morning.

We have some promising people but we haven't been able to get a lot of people to church yet or commit to a baptismal date but we are getting close. I can feel it. Lately, I have been learning how to play the Ukulele and the guitar and getting better at playing basketball in the mornings with exercise. My mission has been hard with a variety of large challenges but it has been more an worth it with all that I have learned and been able to accomplish. I love my mission it has been the best year of my life!

Love you all!
Elder Josh Alger

No comments:

Post a Comment