Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Week 52

The Gospel is simple and true and the more we learn the simpler it gets. I had a wonderful experience last night and I would like to share it with you.

Because yesterday was Independence day we went into the apt. Early and I was able to do some deep study on faith. I think I read Ether 12  5+ times over and many other things. Along with some intense prayers. I love having time to completely dedicate my entire will and mind to a principle of the Gospel. It gives me so much opportunity to learn. While I was in my study session I realized that I have a desire to have more humility, charity, faith, etc. But I have not been asking God for those gifts in my prayers. I remembered the countless scriptures that said "ask and he shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you". With this realization in mind I have been asking for these gifts and seeking to do all I can to obtain them. It requires a lot of effort but it is well worth it. I will have to let you know what miracles occur this week according to our faith. I have a feeling this week will be a week of miracles.

I love you! And thank you,
~ Elder Josh Alger




Our Bishop


Two of our new investigators Erik and Miguel (bottom left), Mary our recent convert (bottom right), 
and our Bishop and his wife (on both ends)

No comments:

Post a Comment