Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Week 14

 General Conference seemed to be a good time back home. I enjoyed the pictures. Over here we watched all 5 sessions of Conference in the Stake Center or, our normal church building. It was awesome and being in church clothes surrounded by other people helped me stay awake during all of the sessions. which apparently y'all had a hard time doing. ;D 

This week has been rough, but that's good. That means I am having trials and with trials comes spiritual progression. Training is fun, but stressful and difficult. Sometimes I feel so bad for being such a stickler for all of the extra commandments we have as missionaries but I feel it is important for Elder Wilson to know what exact obedience is so when I do eventually leave he will know the way to be the best missionary he can be. I have come to the realization why trainers call their trainees their sons. It is because we have the same purpose. We are to show them the way to righteousness and how they can reach their full potential so when we eventually do have to leave, they can handle themselves in this crazy world. I love him SOOOOO much! I just want him to know what it means to be a consecrated missionary but I feel like I am not a good enough example for him.
Yeah so that was my rant..... Sorry about that but I think it helped loosen some tension in the ever winding spring that is Missionary life.

This week I have been striving to keep Elder Wilson and I busy. So he can know what missionary life is supposed to be like. But I have found ourselves finishing all we have planned for too early and just winging it. It honestly brings me a whole lot of anxiety. I feel like the only time I actually get a break from the stress is in a lesson, because for some reason the lessons have been going very well. The main struggle is gaining a good teaching pool. So we don't over burden any one family or person. So that is what we are working on. Bishop has decided that the ward focus until the end of the year is going to be reactivating Less-Active members. So we have been focusing on visiting as many Less-Actives as we possibly can. 

I love missionary work, don't get me wrong. I just need to Adjust a lot in the next few weeks to being a trainer. I love you!
Elder Alger



I know this is Childish but sometimes I like making faces with my
food.... It really doesn't even look like a face but I thought it did
when i took the pic. But hey, it was good food!



This is my new companion, Elder Wilson!


The last is of Elder Nelson. An Elder that just ate Balut, fertilized
duck egg....... Gross..




These are some super awesome Mormon memes I found. They might be old
news to all of you out there that use the internet..... but to a
missionary that can email and go to mormon.org, it brought a much
needed smile to my face. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment