Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Week 88 Loving Life!

Another Week in the Life of Elder J. Alger 

Baptism time! Jill Slovacek is going to be baptized! She has been making lots of friends and has been so inspired by the spirit. She is ready! The Gospel is so true. Jill was found by the missionaries here in the Highland Valley Ward back in October last year. She has since met with them as her health permitted. As she went along she realized in her heart that were some commandments she did not feel ready to obey and that was a tremendous wall for her blocking her. 

A couple of weeks ago she experienced a mighty change of heart. She realized how detrimental the sin was that she was holding onto and completely let go. She has since transformed. She is truly converted. It is truly amazing!

As for me the missionaries in the northern portion of the mission gathered together last Tuesday at Camp Wildwood, a church owned camp in our ward boundaries, and we did a super awesome, highly spiritual missionary conference. It was great! One of the things I learned was that if I am too worried about what I am supposed to do than I will neglect much of what others need. I need to change my perspective to completely and wholly focusing on the needs of all of the people I work with each and every day. Only then will I truly help change lives.

Love ya! ✌🏼 
~ Elder Joshua Alger


Elder Young and me sitting in the apartment enjoying being around each other :-)




This is Elder Anderson (the goofball) placing one of many less than attractive photos of himself in my iPad 



And a charming picture of Elder Young, my Beloved companion, right before our Silent hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment