Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Week 53

This morning we went on a 4 mile run with President to ALMOST the beach. (We are not aloud at the beaches in our mission). That was tiring but fun President gave little inspiring pep talks at rest
points along the way. I love my mission President. I have been so blessed to be lead by one of the best men I know. This week has been fun! We have had lots of sunshine lately but it still isn't over 85 degrees and there has almost constantly been a lovely breeze. It is great weather for Miracles! We had exchanges this week with the zone leaders and I was able to go to Elder Maughan's area for the day. It was a wonderful day. We did a whole lot of walking talking to everyone that moved and in result we added 3 new investigators to there teaching pool. Street contact adds have a bead rep in the mission because there is no already existing connection, so you never know if  it will work out. On the other had when a member introduces a friend to the missionaries there is a much higher change that they will 1. Be more converted to the Gospel and 2. Be baptized and continue progressing in the Gospel. Now that does not mean every friend  members introduce to the missionaries will be baptized and it
also does"t mean that none of the investigators missionaries find on there own get baptized. It is just comparing good with better. Having missionaries teach people that the members have found is far more effective than through talking to random people on the street. With this new knowledge or maybe a refresher I have given you I want you to apply it to your life. What are you doing to introduce your friends to the Gospel? What are you doing to make nonmember friends? Do you know your neighbors? What can you do to become a better missionary? I want you to thing about these questions. And then do something to change yourself and repent. Become a Latter Day Saint through feeding his sheep. I want you to get started as soon as you read this. Please send me an email telling me you have committed to this and tell me what you want to do to be a better missionary and share the Gospel.

Jalger@myldsmail.net

~ Elder Josh Alger

Erasing the white board with a chair, not recommended.



Running with Pres.



We are his hands


No comments:

Post a Comment