Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Week 43

Transfer Week

This is the most crazy week every transfer. Luckily my companion and
I have stayed together! But my Sistrict got all jumbled up. We had two
of the sisters switch places and one of the areas got pink washed (all
new sisters are in the area). So that is kind of crazy but exciting at
the same time!

The area is going pretty good too. Right now we have one investigator
with a baptismal date but he is proving to be pretty flaky. He is
totally down for us to come over and teach him and even play some
b-ball but he just can't seem to make it to church! He is 12 and has
12 year old priorities. Fun first, other things second.

We have quite a few progressing investigators though. Douglas is
moving forward. We taught him about the Sabbath Day, Praying often,
and Studying the Scriptures yesterday and we put up reminders on and
in his phone to help him remember to pray. Ma-oo, our Burmese
Investigator, is awesome. Last time I went over to teach her I
re-explained the restoration of the Gospel in very plain English and she
understood it perfectly! She cannot read the Book of Mormon because
she simply isn't at that level yet. The vocabulary is to complex so
next time we visit her we are going to read with her word by word so
she can understand. I love teaching her! James Sudi, our other
immigrant Investigator, is doing great too! He understands that the
Book of Mormon is very precious and needs to be shared! How awesome is
that!

And last but not least there is Alvin. Alvin moved from Guatemala
recently and is pretty open to what we have to say. We found him by
offering him some help on his car and having friendly conversation. If
you show someone that you genuinely care you are sure to soften
hearts. :-D

Some of the highlights for me this week include my very first Jackfruit
shake. And I found out that my companion's family is moving into my
home Ward in Surprise AZ!!! CRAZY! So look out for the Andersons moving into Copper Canyon at the beginning of June. It has been a great week!

~ Elder Josh Alger

No comments:

Post a Comment