Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Week 38

Yikes! Scorpions are no fun. Tell Laney she gets an A for effort. 

This week has been really great! We have seen some real progression with our investigators. 

Ron is still going strong for reaching his baptismal date for the 23rd of April. He came to church! He is the best! We also met with Ainar, the Estonian, and set him with a date for the 7th of May! We are super excited to help them both get moving in the right direction. 

I've come to a personal realization. I am to comfortable with my situation as a missionary. I need to grow more. But I don't know how I am going to do it. In order to figure it our I am going to keep that as a question to be answered during General Conference. If you have a question that you just can't seem to figure out a good way to answer it is by looking for answers in General Conference. I challenge you to do the same. It will make all of the difference. 

Sometimes I don't realize the blessings all around me, but instead I realize all of the things that need to change. I think this is a common thing amongst God's children. We all do it, and looking from the outside, it seems selfish. I need to change this. It reminds me of a scripture. Alma 22:15  "15...Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy,..." My greatest disire is to become like Christ is and experience that joy that only comes through him." I challange you to keep that in your thoughts during this General Conference. 
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

~ Elder Josh Alger

No comments:

Post a Comment