Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Week 2

Right now I'm in the Sweetwater 1st ward. It is two areas away from the ward we visited during vacation! It's crazy! I'm having a great time. My companion is a goob, just like me, but knows how and when to get down to business. I love him to death. He's from a small town up in Idaho called Blackfoot. I have learned to heavily rely on the Lord and his will. I know that if I am exactly obedient and diligent I will be aligned to the Lord's will in all of the work I do here in the Great San Diego Mission.

After church on Sunday we went out with Bro. Dickson, an older but energetic brother, to teach my first real sit-down investigator lesson! It was great. Her name is Elle but pronounced "Ella". We taught the Plan of Salvation it all want very well. It was an odd visit though because she couldn't read the Book of Mormon or much of anything we gave her because she's got vertigo and dizziness from falling down three steps of stairs. But we are getting a recorded version of the Book of Mormon so she can listen to it. She was excited for that. It was an amazing experience!

I am excited for all my days be filled with the Spirit of God so the children of our glorious Heavenly Father can hear His good word!

Oh and I got in a car crash with Bro. Dickson on Thursday night. No one got hurt but the car sure did. I'm attaching the pics.

Love you all!

Elder Joshua Alger

The pics this week start with the ones from the MTC and then on to the crash in San Diego.













No comments:

Post a Comment