Thursday, July 2, 2015

Week 1

It is so great to hear from the people who sent me emails and letters. I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier but I haven't had a P-Day until today :/ But I am so glad to receive letters and emails. You won't realize how much they mean until you leave on a Mission.

The MTC is great. It is beyond anything that I have imagined. It is very hard to describe but I have been busy ever since I arrived. I haven't had a single moment to even think about myself which is a good thing since I am striving to be selfless like Jesus. I have been at the MTC for officially 8 days and I am leaving for San Diego on July 7th and I am so excited!!! The food is great but I have to be careful not to eat too much because it is all you can eat. It has been very hard starting off with the little knowledge I have of missionary work and having a couple of veteran missionaries throw me and my companion, Elder Frey, into a room with convincing actors as investigators. There is one investigator that we have that is really tough. Her name is Sharon. She was molested by her father, abused by both of her husbands and lost her only child after being barren for 12 years because her body rejected the child. And for the cherry on top after she prayed to God desperately to save her son he died, so now she won't pray. She is difficult but she does believe in the Atonement and Jesus Christ so we have been working with her diligently in that area.

Despite the challenge of two newbie missionaries trying to teach hardened investigators I have been having a great time learning everything I can at the MTC. I love Elder Frey. We work excellently together! the only sad thing is Elder Frey is going to Alaska in the field so I won't be able to see him for a long while after we part ways :'(    But we can write and stuff so its not too bad.

It has been a great time though and I am loving every second of it.

Love you all!
Elder Alger

P.S.I can't send out pictures this week because of crazy MTC computer restrictions but I'll send them all next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment