Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Week 94 Baptism!

Romeo was baptized this Saturday! And then confirmed a member of the church and received the Aaronic Priesthood, which I was able to confer upon him!!! He is such a stud. He is in the Navy and is currently out to sea but he wants to get to the temple a soon as possible. I love him dearly.

Another highlight for this week is that I met Tom Kirchner for the first time! Tom is working towards being baptized in early June but is currently in Germany with his family. We FaceTimed him yesterday and it was great experience.

I am back to making cookies again! We have been having a hard time contacting people and I know that if you knock on someone's door with a plate of cookies they are much more likely to be kind to you than not. So on with the cookie making. Also the leadership in our wards are so fantastic that we just have to give them something to say thank you 😊.

I love my mission. It is interesting thinking about the length of my mission and my contacts in all of the different areas and changes in myself over the years. I know my mission has been nothing but good for me and for those around me. I would recommend it. 

And also a shout out to Tim, my younger brother for getting his mission call to The Korea, Seoul mission to report in August! I am so proud of him. He has become a true follower and disciple of Jesus Christ and there is nothing better I could dream of for him. I love you Tim!

~ Elder J. Alger

Tom and his wonderful wife Bri 



The missionaries and Bishop with Tom (can you guess which one is the Bishop?)



Some members took us out to Chick-Fil-A to eat and I saw these teens in waiting to order their pre-prom dinner. I thought it was kind of funny 😂. But hey, this Chick-Fil-A was pretty cool 😎, it had a community couch.



No comments:

Post a Comment