Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 80

Ramona is very rural and hilly and with all of the abundance of rain recently, very green. It is beautiful and almost everywhere has a wonderful view. I am now in the Highland Valley ward, which is a very solid ward by the way. We are doing some major adjusting though. Elder Young, my new companion, and myself are both new in the area. They call it white washing, when both companions do not know anything about the area prior to the transfer. So we are catching up, trying to meet
everyone as soon as possible. It is exhausting and the days are long but we both love it.

Elder Young is a great companion. He is a hard worker and always striving to be better. He is also a red head, so that is a plus 😂. I have learned that the work moves forward best when I am with an
analytical minded companion. Thankfully Elder Young fits that description. 😊

I am so glad to be out here on my mission. We had an experience the other day that I wanted to share. Elder Young and I are very good at teaching together but we are both also not very good at talking to everyone. One evening we said it out loud and decided to make a goal as a companionship to talk to everyone that night. We said a prayer asking Heavenly Father for strength and we started walking. We saw this guy and we knew we had to talk to him. It was dark and he was pretty tatted so we were naturally a bit timid at first but we followed through with our commitment. We stared up a conversation and it was a bit awkward at first but as we went on we were able to talk about his biking group which shares Christ with other outlaw biker groups. It was awesome and definitely an answer to prayer, with him not rejecting us off the bat. I love my Heavenly Father and I now have an even stronger testimony that he truly loves me and all of us. 😁

~ Elder Joshua Alger


Elder Young and the Sun, it was very bright that day

Me next to the Ramona Twin of my Grandpa's Turquoise Chevy I love it.
It brings back good memories


And just a few amazing views from the Hills of Ramona


No comments:

Post a Comment