Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Week 6

Every day as a missionary is a great day. But Sunday was an especially great day and not in the way I would have expected. The Lord's timing is tricky and trying to be a missionary of the Lord at all times and in all places, even when you are called and set apart, is an exceeding difficult task. The reason why this day is so great is because I came to the realization I do not have to nor am expected to become a perfect missionary in an instant. It simply will not happen. It will take time and diligence and much reliance upon the Lord Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Looking back my expectation for myself in a nutshell was to become equivalent to Jesus Christ over night. It was a ridiculous bar to set.  All I need to do is to strive to be worthy of all of the things my Lord Jesus Christ will call me to do. No matter my determination I will always need to rely on Jesus Christ. I must remember to give my weak things unto him so I can be made strong. I encourage all who read this blog to do the same work yourselves toward Christ step by step and line upon line. Do not overwhelm yourself and become discouraged.

Love,
Elder Josh Alger


This is Elder Andersen being a dork at the temple.





This is our attempt to take a nice picture at the temple :D





This is the closest I could get Elder Andersen to a normal pic




This is our dramatic, epic temple pose. I think it is fantastic!




This is is my attempt to get Elder Andersen to not look like a dork




My zone leaders, they are pretty cool




My whole district at the temple





This is Elder Regan. He is one of our Lao missionaries. This is
obviously one of his finest moments.





This is a picture of our whole zone before two of our elders leave for home.





This is Elder Hirst, one of my zone leaders. We were having a good
time on our way to an appointment.





This is Elder Clark. I spent a whole day with him on a cross zone
exchange or MTE. He is pretty cool; we had a good time together.





This is Elder Archambault (ar-sham-boh) being a dork, taking a
selfie when he was supposed to take a pic of me and the other elders.




Elder Andersen and I in real life on P-Day time!




No comments:

Post a Comment